Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What does a Beachbody Coach do?

I realized after posting my goals that many people might not realize what an Independent Beachbody Coach actually does.

A coach is someone who motivates, inspires, and generally wants to help people change their lives.  My coach was so helpful to me that I wanted to do what she did.  I wanted to be there for people as they changed their lives, to help them succeed.  I didn't even know it was something you got paid to do!  I thought you just signed up and then got to email people and help them get in great shape.  At first, the knowledge that it was a business really turned me off and I didn't want to do it.  But the more I looked into it, and the more I learned about the reason behind why coaching was a "paid position", I knew that coaching was what I wanted to do.

I truly believe that anyone that goes into coaching to help people and not just to make money really does the best and gets the most out of it.  I haven't made it to Emerald status yet (by getting 2 other people signed up as coaches) so I haven't made much money BUT that's ok!  It's given me extra motivation that has helped me lose over 20 pounds, and better yet, I've been able to help a close friend lose over 25 pounds.  There's nothing better than having someone thank me for helping them change their life.  I'd coach for free, in fact that's what I thought I'd be doing before I looked into it!  And the money I'm making?  I nice little bonus!!

I love the Beachbody philosophy that, hey, we (the coaches) are working hard to change our bodies and in doing so we inspire others so why shouldn't we get a part of the profit?  Those customer leans were created by our transformation and hard work, so why not?  But really, there is nothing better than helping people succeed and get healthier.  I'm also so very excited to talk to people about Beachbody.  That company has done so much good for me and my friends and family that I want everyone to know about it!  

Beachbody has changed my life in so many ways and it can change yours too!

So, what does a coach do?  Your personal coach is your cheerleader telling you you're doing great.  (S)he's there to give you a little tough love when you're slacking and could be doing better, (s)he'll get you back on track.  For those just starting off, your coach can help you choose the program that will be best for you based what you like (or don't) about exercise and their own vast knowledge of the Beachbody programs (I've personally tried all but 2 of them!) With your coaches help you will lose more weight, get better results because you are accountable and therefore more likely to stick with it!  Your coach can even help you earn a little extra income (or a lot more) by helping you become a coach and guiding you on your way.  Your coach is there to answer all your questions, share your highs and lows, and to be your friend.

I recently had a friend excitedly tell me she could reach her toes after a week of working out.  She is so excited and motivated to continue on her journey, and my heart just swelled with pride as she told me that.  Every single time I hear something like that from one of the people I coach I am reminded that THAT is why I do this.  I'm helping people change their lives and there is NOTHING better than that.

If what I've described sounds like something you'd enjoy please feel free to email me at fitatcollege@yahoo.com to discuss this more in depth.  I could talk about it all day so I'll try to keep this post short (haha too late I guess).  

You can also go to my website www.fitatcollege.com to read more about my transformation, see before/after photos and learn more about being a coach by clicking the "be a coach" link.  Well, goodnight all!

Your friend in health and fitness,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment